Monday 4 June 2007

Things happen for a reason.

People say bad things come in 3s. I disagree. The amount of bad things that happen to you is the amount of things you take for granted and become complacent about. Many things have happened to me these past few days; nothing serious though.

1st - I missed the deadline for paying ERP summon. Now it has hiked to $70 bucks and I just received the letter.

2nd - Remembered the parking coupon system wrongly and didnt put a coupon thinking it was a public holiday. Got another summon for that.

3rd - Looking for a new job, filled up application forms, my fax machine spoilt. Cannot fax out the forms.

4th - Knocked into another car in a carpark lot. It was not moving. What was I thinking.

5th - Supposed to pass forms for dad to use office fax machine but forgot. Another day wasted.

6th - Misunderstood and assumed by my father, again, about why things happened and got lectured for the wrong reasons.


If you take 3 times two, then I guess yea... bad things do happen in 3s... Just that I got double of it. Bad things may happen but they happen for a reason. I guess these events occured as a lesson for me.

Lessons and reminders:
1: Pay summons early!

2: Be more familier with parking systems!

3: I somehow knew I knocked the car because I was complacent about my driving. I didnt think it will knock and just carried on moving forward. So... Lesson learnt here is when things go very smoothly for a long time... in this case almost 5 yrs... we get complacent and become less careful.

4: Don't assume the causes of bad things that happen to people. I know. The feeling of being misunderstood is really really bad. So you don't want people to misunderstand you... Don't assume others.


This is not a sad post. I'm just whining, but I'm okay. Haha! Just want to share the lessons learnt.

For everything that you think is bad happens, pick out the leassons learnt and leave behind the pain. Easier said than done but it can be done. Not immediately, but take some time to calm down and think clearly.

No comments: